15 Sep Green “Machine” Smoothie
One of my favorite breakfast these days is also the one that takes the least amount of time and effort for prep and cleanup.If you’re short on time but still wish to sneak in plenty of healthy foods into your day, green smoothie is your answer!
It seems that no matter what your ailment is — low energy, headaches, muscle and joint pain, or easing menstrual cramps — green smoothies are your solution for all of these problems.
The star ingredient in this smoothie is of course, the leafy greens! Did you know that leafy greens are more nutritious (when we look at nutrients per gram) than pretty much any other vegetable on earth?
Green “Machine” Smoothie
- 1 Head Romaine lettuce washed and chopped
- 1 Apple chopped
- 1 Banana(optional)
- 1 tbsp Nut butter- your favorite kind
- 1 tbsp Chia seeds
- 1 tsp Matcha
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon Ceylon
- 3/4 cup Coconut water or plain water
- Pour the liquid to a blender, then add the rest of the ingredients.
- Blend on high, and add more liquid as needed.