01 Feb turkey soup with parsnip and kale
TURKEY SOUP WITH PARSNIP AND KALE
Soups and stews are one of my favorite parts of colder weather. There’s something about a pot of simmering goodness that makes the cold weather feel extra cozy and comforting. This turkey soup is nothing short of that, its hearty, warming and nourishing. In fact it’s one of my top favorite winter meal and I think you’re in for a treat.
With only few wholesome ingredients like parsnips and kale this would make the perfect soup when you’re craving a comforting, satisfying dinner. Making the turkey broth is the only part of this recipe that takes any length of time. And once it’s done, this soup comes together fast.
If you give this recipe a try, let us know! Leave a comment or take a picture and tag it @Plentiful.Kitchen on Instagram.
We absolutely love seeing what you guys cook up. Cheers!Jump to Recipe Jump to Recipe
Hearty Turkey Soup
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 2 lbs turkey thighs or legs (skin on, bone in)
- 5 bay leaves, fresh preferred
- 5 whole black pepper
- 1 leek cut into 1/2" slices (for Low-Fodmap use only green part)
- 2 celery stalks, small dice (for Low-Fodmap use only 1/4 stalk)
- 2 carrots, small dice
- 2 parsnips, small dice
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 2 garlic clove, minced (Low Fodmap omit)
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp minced rosemary
- 1 bunch kale, finely chopped
- Make the turkey broth: place turkey, bay leaves,black pepper in a heavy saucepan. Fill thesaucepan with water and bring to a boil. Lowerheat and simmer for 1.5-2hrs. If you havea pressure cooker, cook in high pressurefor 30 minutes. Once ready strain the stock (you should have about 6 cups of broth)throwing away the bay leaves and black pepper.Let the turkey cool down.
- Heat olive oil on medium high heat. Add leek,celery, carrots, parsnips and let cook for few 5-7minutes. Add ginger, garlic, rosemary and saute for1-2 more minutes. Add apple cider vinegar todeglaze.
- Add the turkey stock and let cook for 30 minutes.In the meanwhile shred the turkey.Add kale and turkey back to the soup and letsimmer for 10 more minutes.